HISTORY OF THE PILGRIM BAPTIST CHURCH
This chronological record of events is submitted as an account of the stages through which Pilgrim Baptist has emerged and spiraled from 1919 to the present date. World War I had ended leaving Americans victorious on the battlefield of war, but on the home front, the dire need for spirituality remained. On January 9, 1919, a group comprised of Reverend and Mrs. C. L. Jordan, Reverend Danley, Bro. Jack Chambers, Dea. James Craig, Bro. Henry Jones, Sis. Jennie Jones, Deacon Moore, Brother Solomon Morris, Brother Dan Morris, and Sister Myrtle Afford met at the home of Brother Tom Tiner, 1209 Wallace Street, to organize another Black Missionary Baptist Church in this community. Many viewed this action disdainfully, but the results proved to be a turning point in the religious life of the entire community. Weekly meetings continued with this faithful and trusting group.
By February 3, 1919, sufficient funds, $150.00, had been raised to make a down payment on a two story brick building located at 333 Chestnut Street. The selling price of the property was $1850.00. Members of the finance committee were Brothers Dave Hubbard, C. L. Jordan, and S. C. Green. The organization was represented at the closing of the purchase of 333 Chestnut Street by Brothers James Craig, Tom Tiner, Rob Jeskers, Reverend W. Alexandria, and Reverend Danley. On March 25, 1919, the building was occupied by the group. Brother James Craig suggested the name Pilgrim Baptist Church which was accepted. One member, Reverend Danley, agreed to serve as pastor from April 14, 1919, through May 11, 1919. The acting Board of Trustees members were Brother James Craig, Chairman; H. J. Jones, and Brice Hunter. The acting Church clerk was Brother S.C. Green.
Weekly attendance continued and membership escalated rapidly. On May 11, 1919, a special council requested admittance into the Western Union Baptist Association, a district association now affiliated with the Ohio Baptist General Convention of the State of Ohio. The minutes of this very important council meeting:
May 11, 1919 Council meeting opened by singing, Scripture reading, I Corinthians 11. It was moved and seconded that we elect Reverend Clark of Middletown to be our chairman of the meeting. Motioned and carried that Reverend G. T. McCall be the clerk pro-tem.
Ministers present were Dr. B. U. Clark, Rev. J. L. Francis, Rev. G. T. McCall, Rev. D. G. Anderson, and Rev. S. Hugeins.
First Roll call: Brother Jamison, Sis. Pitts, Bro. Clark, Bro. Moore, Sis. Hughes, Sis. Bars, Bro. Penick, Sis. Penick. The covenant was read by Bro. J. L. Francis.
It was Motioned and seconded that we adopt the Faith and the Covenant as a Missionary Baptist Church.
Motioned and seconded that this council is in order of recognizing this organization. It was motioned and seconded that we call Reverend Anderson as our permanent Pastor. Song “Near the Cross”, was sung and benediction by Reverend S. Hugeins.”
Requirements for admission were met, and Pilgrim Baptist Church was recognized as a Missionary Baptist Church.
Reverend D.G. Anderson was called as pastor who served from May 11, 1919, until October 10, 1919. In just five months the church grew from seven to eighteen members. The first deacons were D. J. Moore, Essex James, Charles Phillips, E. J. Jamerson, James Craig, and Hense McKennedy. The first Church clerk was Bro. Brice Hunter; the first Sunday School Superintendent was Bro. Clifford Jordan, the first Treasurer was Bro. W. J. Moore, and the first pianist, Bro. James Tellus.
On October 10, 1919, the Reverend W. T. Jackson was called. As our attendance continued to grow, we bought the adjoining building on June 26, 1925, at the cost of $1500.00.
Under Reverend W. T. Jackson’s pastorate, the membership grew to 300. A youth choir, under the direction of Ms. Lucy Holston, was organized. His official staff consisted of Deacons James Burnette, Edward Flowers, Olden Shepherd, Peter Rawls, Riley Robinson, Arthur Ramsey; the clerk was Sis. Willia Bell Jenkins; the financial secretary was Bro. Dell Jackson; the treasurer was Bro. Bruce Hunter; the pianist was Sis. Luvata Traylor; trustees were Brothers Oliver Morris, Mack Ousley, John Dennis, Green Geter, and Brice Hunter.
Pilgrim continued to expand. The building of a new church was completed in April, 1928, at a cost of $18,300.00. The Corner stone was laid June 21, 1927. The congregation marched to the new edifice from the Masonic Hall on Monument Avenue, singing “We Are Marching to Zion.”
The ministers and deacons ordained during this period were Reverend John Brown, Reverend G. W. Watson and Reverend Homes; and Deacons James Burnett, N.H. Penick, W. Morris, R. Robinson, A. Ramsey, Pete Rawls, Eddie Flowers, C. B. Phillips, Olden Shepherd and Green Geter. The final payment was made on September 11, 1945. Mortgage burning took place on October 28, 1945.
Members worked diligently and faithfully during the years of the indebtedness. The first building cost $1850.00; the second adjoining building cost was $1500.00; the third new building cost was $18,300.00, totaling $21,650. An annex was built to the old building at a cost of $500.00 which made a grand total of $22,150.
Reverend W.T. Jackson served from October 10, 1919 until June 29, 1941, when he passed away. Reverend S.E. Parker was called in October 1941, and pastored until March, 1942. In December, 1942, Reverend E. J. Shivers was called. Under his leadership, the total indebtedness of $22,150.00 was paid by September 11, 1945. The mortgage was burned on October 28, 1945, and the entire congregation pledged to continue to pray, to work, to sacrifice and to add power to Pilgrim’s light in the community.
The Reverend James B. Cayce took over the reins of Pilgrim’s leadership in April, 1946. Pilgrim introduced its first printed bulletin. Reverend Cayce was the Church’s first college and seminary graduate.
In November 1950, Pilgrim was blessed to receive her sixth minister in the person of the Reverend S. S. Hodges, whose practical application of the Christian life has helped her to grow in independence. Pilgrim established an independent Vacation Bible school with an enrollment averaging 150 students, a group of choirs consisting of the Children’s Choir, the Youth Choir, the Senior Choir, the Men’s Chorus and the Gospel Chorus, and organized the Pilgrim Credit Union, which was chartered January 2, 1958. In 1952, new pews and pulpit furniture were purchased. The Church parsonage at 1028 South Second Street was purchased November 18, 1953, and the
mortgage was burned on May 22, 1955. Pilgrim continued to progress. During Reverend Hodges’ pastorate, the first Church bus and organ, dedicated April 10, 1955, were purchased. He served until January 1965, when he accepted a pastorate at Sardis Baptist Church in Cleveland, Ohio. The Church was solvent when he departed.
The Reverend Dr. Norman L. Townsel, Sr., was called in August, 1965. New property was purchased at the following locations: 715 South Fourth Street, lots 806 and 807 at Central and Chestnut, and 809 Central Avenue.
A new Church building was erected at 711 South Fourth Street following a ground breaking ceremony held March 10, 1968. March 9, 1969, the Corner stone was laid; the building was dedicated on March 16, 1969.
In February 1972, a new bus was purchased; in March, 1973, Pilgrim Baptist Day Care Center opened; a new organ was purchased in 1973; August 22, 1974, a new piano was bought. The Gussie Whiteside rooms were dedicated on May 25, 1975. The new van was purchased March 1976, and in April, 1976, an elevator chair was installed. The Pilgrim Baptist Scholarship Fund was established in 1976, to encourage Pilgrim’s youth to “Push for Higher Education.”
In 1978 Pilgrim began broadcasting services on the local Hamilton Radio Station. This was sponsored by church member Deacon Nathiel Blue’s Muffler shop, as the membership of the church continued to grow.
In 1980, women were made trustees for the first time in the Church’s history. These women were Sis. Viola J. Benson, Sis. Eddie M. Butler, and Sis. Harriet (Bean) Doolittle. In May, 1981, Pilgrim Baptist Church purchased an extension— the Notre Dame Education Center at 926 South Second Street. The facility was renamed the Pilgrim Christian Center and served as an extension of the church for various church related activities as well as serving the educational, social and Spiritual needs of the community. The building was later renamed the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center. At the time of the Notre Dame acquisition, the adjoining property at 228 Hanover Street was also purchased. In May 1983, the mortgage was paid in full.
A new Church bus was purchased in December, 1985. The Constitution of the Pilgrim Baptist Church was printed and distributed to the Congregation in February, 1986. A children’s church was organized for children aged two through ten years. We have installed a new P.A. system, and recarpeted the Sanctuary and Church offices. We’ve purchased new office equipment including a computer system, which is periodically updated,
In June 16, 1991, Sis. Denise Y. Turpin, became the first female to be licensed to preach at Pilgrim, delivered her initial sermon. The second woman licensed to preah was Sis. Regina Johnson-Phillips, who delivered her initial semon on June 30, 1991.
On May 21, 1994, The late Pastor, Dr. Norman L. Townsel was the first pastor of Pilgrim to earn a Doctorate degree.
Sis. Carlotta Butler became the first female Sunday School superintendent in September, 1994; and, on February 12, 1995, with the ordination of sixteen deacons, of which, nine were women
Under Dr. Townsel’s pastorate, eight persons acknowledged a call to the preaching ministry: Rev. Marvin Sutton, Min. James Susong (deceased), Rev. Regina Johnson-Phillips, Rev. Denise Turpin, Rev. Curtis M. Turpin I, Rev. Harry Phillips Jr., Rev. Dr. Deborah Carter and Rev. Eric Cason and Minister Wilhite.
In 1995, a stained glass window project was initiated. The last remaining windows were installed in May 1997. During the year of 1997-1998, the property at 1028 South Second Street was sold, and the property at 710 South Fourth Street was acquired.
On September 20, 1998, for the first time in the history of Pilgrim, we ordained to Gospel ministry, a female, Denise Y. Turpin. She was also the first preacher ordained by Pilgrim since the late Reverend John Patton.
We were saddened by the demise of our First Lady, Mrs. Vivian Townsel, who passed from this earthly life on Good Friday, April 2, 1999, and was laid to Eternal Rest on Wednesday, April 7th. 1999. Her Home going created a void to be filled.
Dr. Townsel’s purchase of a dream turned into reality in November 1998, when the members of the Pilgrim Baptist Church voted to enter into an agreement with G. Fred Schwab Architects of Columbus, Ohio, to develop the Notre Dame building (renamed the Pilgrim Christian Center) into housing for senior citizens. On June 10, 2001, at 2:00 p.m., the groundbreaking ceremony was held for the renovation of this 115 year old, five story historic building. Most of the major construction was completed by March 2002 and on March 1, 2002, the building was opened and the first tenant obtained occupancy. Sunday, April 28, 2002, 1:30 pm., the senior apartment complex was dedicated and officially named The Nathaniel Sherman, Jr. Manor of Pilgrim Baptist Church after the late Nathaniel Sherman, Jr., as he had labored diligently with the Committee to get this project initiated. Prior to renovation, the building, comprising 53,000 square feet, won a spot on the National Register of Historic Places. It consists of 61 senior citizen housing units, most of which are filled.
The Leadership Council, consisting of the church staff and officers of committees/ auxiliaries of the church, held its first meeting in March 1999. The purpose of the Leadership Council is to establish and developed a strong support system among the leaders so that the performance of official duties and the accomplishment of group goals can be more effectively executed. A commitment to prayer and study to strengthen one’s resolve to lead for Christ is advocated by the Council.
The computer system in the church office was updated in June 1999, to a faster operating system (450 MHZ), additional memory (13 GB), as well as a color scanner and printer. The music department acquired a keyboard. In November 1999, the Board of Trustees presented its first Certificate of Merit to the Missionary Society. In December 1999, an updated keypad code-controlled security system was installed, and a computer was acquired for the trustees’ and members’ use. The Scholarship Committee compiled and published a cookbook, the first from Pilgrim and introduced through A Taste of Pilgrim on February 19, 2000. The cookbook has been widely accepted throughout the surrounding area. A tutorial program was initiated March 22, 2000, to help students who need assistance in grades kindergarten through high school. It was under the direction of Sis. Marva Sherman and assisted by Dea. Ron Ellis I, Sister Janice Jones, Sister Patricia Ellis, and Sister Dr. Sherida Long Hickman.
The music department held its second annual Palm Sunday Musical Concert on Saturday, April 22, 2000. The property at 725 South Fourth Street was purchased on February 22, 2001. A new printer/copier was purchased in August 2001. In September 2001, the property at 228 Hanover Street was sold. On January 10, 2002, a 2002 Supreme Startrans church bus, with a capacity of either 22 passengers and 2 wheelchairs or 26 regular seating was purchased. Final payment on the church bus was made in January of 2008.
In October 2002, the first Young People’s Council was established under the leadership of Sis. Shunda Townsel.
In October 2003 Ministry groups were formed for the Sisters, Senior adults, young adults, Youth and Men.
A major goal of the 2003 Women’s Day Committee was to foster a closer bonding of our Christian Sisters. Through prayer and planning a seed was planted and The Sisters Ministry was established. The first meeting was held August 28, 2003; ad was called “A Gathering of The Sisters — Get in the Boat.” Monthly activities provide an opportunity to minister to the relational needs of women by opportunities for Christ-centered programs, spiritual growth, and activities to cultivate a spirit of harmony and fellowship with our sister in Christ and also provide an outlet to relieve women from the daily pressures of life. The ministry has been well received by the sisterhood at Pilgrim.
Pilgrim acquired a laser color printer in January 2004, and began printing its own color bulletin covers. A Wednesday noonday prayer meeting was implemented on February 4, 2004.
Deacon William Sherman, Sr., retired from the position of Church Finance Secretary on December 31, 2004, after serving religiously for thirty years. Reverend Marvin Sutton, having served diligently as Pulpit Assistant for many years, was ordained on January 23, 2005. December 16, 2007, Reverend Harry Phillips Jr. was ordained to the ministry at Pilgrim Baptist Church. On July 1, 2005, the Nathaniel Sherman, Jr. Manor was placed under the management of Community Properties of Ohio. The manor updated security by installing security cameras and by hiring off-duty police officers.
Pilgrim began planning for a new addition to the Church. A design proposal was received from one of the selected architects, WENCO Architects Inc. that was presented to the Building Committee, chaired by Logan Stone, Ph.D. The Building Committee presented its first proposal to the Church body on Sunday, April 29, 2001. In May, 2003, the Committee began consulting with additional architectural firms. This process led to the selection of a design submitted by DH Architects, Inc., Fairfield, OH that was presented to the Church on May 22, 2005 and was subsequently approved by the Church body on June 26, 2005, at a cost of over $500.000 dollars.
The design approved by the Church included the following: a multipurpose room with an enclosed kitchen, new offices for the Pastor including a full bathroom and Church secretary office, the entry way was redesigned with an entry foyer and additional restrooms that are accessible to the elderly and handicapped. The current building received a new roof, steeple and elevator.
In May of 2006 the computer system, in line with modern technology, was again updated to new standards for faster applications. Also around that time 26 computers were donated to the church by Mr. & Mrs. Elijah Rudolph through Ford Motors.
A ground breaking ceremony was held on July 23, 2006 with the Mayor of Hamilton, several representatives from City Council and other dignitaries present. Actual construction for the new addition began on September 5, 2006 with Jindal Builders and Restoration Company, Milford, Ohio, the contractor.
December 16, 2007 Reverend Harry Phillips Jr., was ordained to the ministry at Pilgrim Baptist Church.
The year 2007 was a truly blessed year for Pilgrim: the long awaited Phase II addition to the Church was completed. The 5,000 square foot addition includes a Fellowship hall, a kitchen, a reconfigured entry foyer, with ramp to the sanctuary, elevator to the lower level, new offices for the Pastor and Secretary and restrooms that are accessible to the elderly and the handicapped. A new elevator chair was added, making Pilgrim a completely accessible church.
Dedication Service was held on Sunday, October 28, 2007 with The Rev. Ron Davis, speaker and Israel Baptist Church as our guests.
A praise dance group, the Silent Witnesses, started June 2007, by Judy Hughley & Aleta Bridget Benson. It began with three dancers and has grown to approximately eighteen members.
In 2008, church bus was paid in full. The church sanctuary was then renovated with new carpet and pews to complete the transformation.
November of 2008, began the $11,000 dollar overaul of the sound system by Hawthorne Taylor Jr. and Michael A. Daniels, both members of the church. A new 32 channel sound mixer console replaced the old one. New speakers for the floor and ceiling were added along with constructing a new workstation placed in the back of the church sanctuary pews for maximum sound control from the front of the church. Now CD/DVD recording and duplication can be done in one central location.
On Sunday, May 10, 2009, in memory of our former First Lady, Mrs. Vivian B Townsel, a magnolia tree was dedicated. This lovely tree and a plaque decorate our front lawn.
As a Committee of Trustees’ project, in October 2009, the old church sign on our lawn was replaced by a bigger and better, lighted, state-of-the-art informational sign.
On April 23 and 24, 2010. The women of Pilgrim hosted their first Women’s Conference, which was held at the church Friday and Saturday, The conference theme was, “Christian Women–Living for God’s Glory, Fulfilling God’s Purpose.” The program featured anointed speakers, five powerful workshop sessions, praise and worship singers, soloists, intercessory prayer time, two general sessions featuring the keynote speaker, Rev. Wilma R. Johnson of Detroit, Michigan, a luncheon, and time to meet and fellowship with other Christian women. Attendance was very good and the response has been exceptional with many requests that a similar conference be held in 2011.
In March, 2011 a sound system was installed in the Multi-purpose room for audio and visual sound from the sanctuary could be heard and controlled in this area. In April, 2011 a video security system was completed to monitor the most affected areas of the church interior.
Sunset and evening call….after 46 years of pastoring Pilgrim Baptist Church our pastor Reverend Dr. Norman L. Townsel Sr., was called from labor to reward on Wednesday, August 31, 2011. He had suffered a debilitating illness but remained faithful until his demise. Four pulpit assistants Rev. Harry Phillips, Rev. Marvin Sutton, Min. William Wade and Min. Beverly Wilhite alternately served the pulpit on Sundays. They also fulfilled other pastoral duties as required.
March 2012, a pastoral Search Committee had been selected. The members are Sis. Myra Butler, Sis. Ethel Carter, Sis. Yvonne Hickman, Sis. Janice Jones, Bro. Elijah Rudolph (chairman), Bro. Essex Shepherd, Dea. William Shepherd and Bro. Jessie Shipmon.
April 1, 2012 the Rev. Dr. Melvin Williams was called to serve as interim pastor during the pastoral transition. Since the arrival of Dr. Williams, Pilgrim was extremely busying in carrying forth the work of kingdom building while also enhancing internal ministry functions.
November, 2012 the sanctuary was enhanced with a $5,000 dollar multimedia projector system and screen with a lap-top computer. The multi-media workstation was also elevated to allow for a better viewing angle for video production.
October 20, 2013 Pilgrim received a gift in the way of a new pastor. The New Pastor Elect, Rev. Dr. Michael D. Reeves Jr. was called to serve as the Senior Pastor of the Pilgrim Baptist Church. Pilgrim was very excited to get Dr. Reeves and was very welcoming of him and our new First Lady, Sister Leah Reeves. With the leadership and direction of Dr. Reeves we shall press on to victory, to God be the glory.
Deacons of the Pilgrim Baptist Church from 1919 to present included James Burnett, James Craig, Thomas Flenoury, Edward Flowers, Harold Flowers, Milton B. Flowers, Green Geter, Riley Gillis, Lawson Gleaves, Lucien Hawkins, Thomas Hendrix, John Jackson, E.J. Jamerson, Essex James, Hollis Johnson, Benjamin Ligon, Henry Long, M.D., Hense McKennedy, D.J. Moore, Marlin Morris, Oliver Morris, W. Morris, Noah H. Penick, C.B. Phillips, Charles Phillips, Arthur Ramsey, Peter Rawls, Riley Robinson, George Ross, Olden Shepherd, William Shepherd, William Sherman, Sr., John Sutton, Milus Sutton, Virgil Sutton, Sr., and Carl Turpin. On August 4, 1991, five new deacons, Edmund Corbin, Derek Howard, Gregory Orso, Logan Stone, and Richard West, Hattie Bailey, Katherine Bass, Jerry Bryant, Stephen Butler I, Deborah Carter, Ron Ellis I, Donald Gillespie I, Juanita Isreal, Alyce Mitchell, Ida Reene Moore, Harry Phillips, Jr., Ruby Siler, Emma Smith, Hawthorne Taylor, Jean West, Samuel Wilhite, James McWilliams.
Sunday School Superintendents of the Pilgrim Baptist Church from 1919 to the present are the following: Reverend G. W. Watson, Reverend C. L. Jordan, Oliver Morris, Riley Robins, Adolph Henderson, Sr., Reverend Virgil Sutton, Sr., William Sherman, Sr., Thomas C. Hendrix, and Carlotta Butler.
Missionary Society Presidents of the Pilgrim Baptist Church from 1919 to the present are the following: Nancy James, Fannie Watson, Robertia Rawls, Mary Smiley, Rosie Dennis, Mabel Johnson, Eula Booker, Sadie Flowers, Lessie Robinson, Luvata Traylor, Pleasie Stallworth, Mildred Johnson, Susie Sutton, and Eunice Turpin, Katherine Rumph-Butler, Donna Ash, Beverly Hunn.
Trustees of the Pilgrim Baptist Church from 1919 to the present are the following: Sheila Ash, Angela Avery, Charlotte Avery, Marita Avery, Anita Bailey, Hattie Bailey, Wardell Beamon, Harriet Bean, Herbert Benson, Sr., Kenneth Benson, Sr., Viola J. Benson, Mance Berry, Nathaniel Blue, Lula Brandon, Bessie Britt, Shaunese Brown, Jerry Bryant, William Burns, Carlotta Butler, Eddie Butler, Fonsea Butler, Lorna Butler, Stephen D. Butler Sr., Myra Watts-Butler, Deborah Carter, Ethel Carter, Marcia Carter, Robert Carter, Kaye T. Chandler, Nancy Chappell, Darlene Corbin, Edmund Corbin, Temesha Corbin-Christian, Jesse Cox, James Craig, Leslie L. Cunningham, James Curry, Jean Davis-Curry, Albert Daniels, Michael A. Daniels, Theodore Davis, John Dennis, Willie Doolittle, Alex Ellis, Patricia Ellis, Ron Ellis I, Thomas Flenoury, Milton Flowers, Delacy Frazier, Patricia Frazier, Willie Fuller, Fulvia Gallimore, David Gary, Green Geter, Donald Gillespie I, Donald Gillespie II, Robert Gleaves, Angela Gordon, Mark Hawkins, Kevin Henderson I, Sherida L. Hickman, Lester “Butch” Hubble, Derek Howard, Arthur Hudson, Sr., Beverly Hudson, Judy Hughley, Ralph Hughley, Beverly Hunn, Brice Hunter, Hollis Johnson, Timothy Johnson, H. J. Jones, Janice Jones, Nettie Jones, Timothy K. Jones, William Jones, Lillie Jones-Thomas, Deidra Knight, Elizabeth Knorr, Janis Lawson, Benjamin Ligon, Lawanda Long, Sherida Long-Hickman, Georgette Lynn, Alonza Marshall, Linda Martin, Ramona Miller, James McKinney, Karen McKinney, Alyce Mitchell, Vickie Moody-Cardwell, Duane T. Moore, Oliver Morris, Angela Orso, Gregory Orso, John Orso III, Kellie M. Ortiz, Mack Ousley, Clemie Palmer, Alice Phillips, Brandon Phillips, Harry Phillips, Jr., Harry Phillips, Sr., Leah Phillips, Ron Phillips, Scott Phillips, Carol Ramsey, Charlie Reed, Shirley Reed, Marlon Ross, Katherine Rumph-Butler, Johnnie M. Russell, William Sherman, Jr., Nathaniel Sherman, Jr., Jacquelyn Sherman, Herbert Shirley, Rufus Shirley, Ruby Siler, Mercedes Siler, Charles Singletary, Derrick Sneed, Tonisha Sowell, Tony Sowell, Logan Stone, Charles Stringer, Angela Susong, James Susong, Virgil Sutton Jr., Freddie Sutton, John Sutton, Milus Sutton, Darlene Sutton, Hawthorne Taylor, Debi Thompson, Leah Thompson, Lolita Tipton, Willie Tims, Payton Townsend, Curtis Turpin, Dwight Walker, Elbert Walker, Mary Walker, Patricia Ware, Gina West, Jean West, Richard West, Landis Whiteside, Jimmie Williams and Josephus Woods, Elizabeth Knorr, Derek Sneed, Ramona Miller, Queen Brown, Linda Martin, Marita Avery, Janis Lawson, Donna Ash, Essex Shepherd, Myrtice Sutton, Beverly Young, Darlene Corbin, Vicki Moody-Cardwell, Alice Phillips, Butch Hubble, Temesha Christian, Nettie Jones, Timothy Jones, .
Teen Trustees from 2007 to the present are the following: Erik Avery, Ashley Bailey, John Orso, Raeven Davis, Mercedes Siler, Bryce, Saxon Watts, Michael Butler.